Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Song of the Day: "Pure Imagination/Candy Man"

Hello, everyone!

Again, it's been awhile since I've blogged anything. Honestly, I attribute this drought to a lack of inspiration. I find myself trying to find content to fit the theme of the blog, and I am sadly drawing blanks. Thus, I've decided to just write about whatever I am feeling or thinking about in the current moment. Most of it will still fit the blog's theme, but I am going to use this space as more of a creative outlet for me personally too!

I was just re-listening to the album Songs I Heard performed by Harry Connick Jr., and I fell in love with it all over again. He sings songs from my childhood like "Edelweiss" and "A Spoonful of Sugar" but adds a jazzy twist to them. By now, you all are probably well aware of my love for jazz. My favorites on the album are the songs he has re-done from The Sound of Music, but today it is the song, "Pure Imagination/Candy Man" that has really captured my heart. 

Have a listen:

I don't usually describe songs as being sultry or sexy, but I find this song to be the definition of those adjectives. That is what I love so much about this rendition. Nothing about the original song was sultry or seductive at all. What Connick Jr. has done is taken an innocent song from a children's movie and created something far more mature and sensual. Utter bliss.

What do you think? Do you like this mature version? Have you ever heard this album before.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week! Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment