Wednesday, October 11, 2017

New York State of Mind

Hello, everyone!

I have been completely drained of energy due to my trip to New York City this past weekend. I have been to New York before, but this time was special because I got to experience it with my boyfriend, who had only been once before.

First we went to the Met Cloisters, which is an absolutely beautiful medieval art museum. Admission is pay what you can, and student tickets were only a suggested $12! Plan to commit a few hours at this museum, as there is so much art from so many different countries.


After we finished up at the Cloisters, we went to the World Trade Center and the 9/11 memorial. I would definitely recommend going to this spot, but it is definitely a sobering experience. The one thing that troubled me about this area was that entrance to the 9/11 museum was fairly expensive. Considering what a catastrophic event this was, anyone wanting to learn more about it should be allowed free admission. Just my opinion.


After the World Trade Center, we decided to walk along the Hudson River to get to the Staten Island Ferry. This is one of my favorite walks in New York; the view of Jersey City across the Hudson is absolutely breathtaking! It took a little bit of time to walk all the way to the Staten Island Ferry, but it was well worth the walk.


The Staten Island Ferry was by far my favorite part of this trip. There are a couple things that I love about the ferry: the smell of the water, the wind in your hair, the glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. And it's all free! Everyone should take this ferry at least once, even if it's just there and immediately back. I could ride back and forth all day long!


After the Ferry, we had dinner and took the subway back to Times Square. My boyfriend had never been to Times Square at night before, so he was absolutely amazed by the number of people there. There are more people at night than during the day!


All in all, we had a wonderful day exploring one of my favorite cities! If you haven't been to New York City before, I would highly recommend taking the time to make a trip. There are so many things to see and do, and I can't imagine anyone ever being bored there.

I hope everyone is having a great week! Cheers x

No comments:

Post a Comment