Sunday, October 1, 2017

Fall Fashion Inspired by Sex and the City

It's been a very long time since I came on this blog, and a lot has changed with my fashion since I last posted. After having marathoned all six seasons of Sex and the City, I have been more drawn lately to the fashion of the 90's and early 2000's. While I will always love pieces from the 20's to the 60's, I am going to work more pieces from the other decades into my wardrobe as well. That's the beautiful thing about fashion; it is so ever-changing and dynamic.

We've entered one of my favorite seasons: fall. So, I thought what better way to start the season than by looking at some of my favorite Carrie Bradshaw cold-weather looks.


I absolutely love the look of her speckled coat with the striped dress underneath in addition to the classy hat and glove pairing. While I might not have ever imagined this outfit to work looking at the pieces individually, together, they just flow in a beautiful way.


I will be the first to admit that I haven't always been tulle's biggest champion. However, it has definitely grown on me. With a pair of strappy heels and a simple blazer, I think that tulle can stand alone as an eye-catching piece. I don't own any yet, but I'm definitely going to try and work some in to my holiday party wardrobe.


I absolutely adore this outfit. The jacket is such a charming shade of blue, and paired with the white mittens and hat, the whole outfit just screams Paris and class. While this shade of blue works perfectly on her, I might try for another lighter, playful color that would compliment my skin tone better.


I love this outfit because of the gorgeous pair of boots that she has on. I have always loved a pair of black, heeled boots, and these make the rest of the ensemble that much more sexy. In addition, I love that the umbrella she is carrying matches the red of the belt that she has on. It's all about accessorizing!

So there we have it! My emergence back in to the blogging world. If you're interested in some of the outfits that I put together, check out: https://fashionablylink.weebly.com/ . My sister and I co-created the blog to share some of the pieces we have put together!

I hope everyone has a lovely start to the week! Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment