Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Home Fires Review

Hello, everyone!

Today I am going to write a review about PBS's recent World War 2 based series called Home Fires (part of their Masterpiece collection). I am very excited to be penning this review because the show is just so fabulous!

To begin, here are some pictures from the show:


I am going to start of by saying that I absolutely love this series. It has drama, action, a fantastic plot line, and a whole lot of character development. Thus, it has a little pinch of everything.

The show is based on the "The Women's Institue" (WI), which is a social organization that formed in response to the outbreak of the war. Based on the book by Julie Sommers (Jambusters), this show stays fairly true to costumes, events, locations and the institution of the WI in general. One of the main reasons that I enjoy Home Fires is because of its focus on women's contributions to the war effort.

Another factor that makes this series so great is its strong actor and actress selection. The series features Samantha Bond, Francesca Annis, and Ruth Gemmell, just to name a few. Every single actor and actress plays his/her role brilliantly, and that is one of the primary reasons that this show is so compelling.

I could go on and on about this program for who knows how long, but I don't want to give everything away! My rating as of right now would probably be around an 8/10. I highly recommend that you check this show out; I promise you won't be disappointed!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment