Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Preparation

Hello, everyone!

I am finally finished with my finals! After I completed my last one yesterday, I seriously almost fell to my knees I was so happy. As much as I love learning and the pursuit of knowledge, sometimes you just need a break. And what better time to take a break than Christmas time?

Unfortunately, I still have a lot of things that I need to take care of. Here is a short list of things that need to happen in the next nine days:

Shopping


One of the most unfortunate things about being in class for so long is that it leaves very little time to do much else. In my short moments of spare time, I would much rather read a book or relax to music than shop. As a result, I am way behind on all of my Christmas shopping. Hopefully I can have it all done by Friday!

New York City


At the end of the day, there is little that I like better around the holidays than New York City. I already love NYC because of its vibrancy and blend of cultures and people, but around Christmas it is even better. Everyone just seems so cheery. The shops are all decorated, the tree is lit, the Rockettes are performing, what more could you need to put you in the holiday spirit?

Marathon Christmas Movies


I love a classic Christmas movie. Whether it is "It's a Wonderful Life" or a more recent classic like "Elf", I find that Christmas movies are some of the fastest ways to put you in the holiday spirit. 

Attend a Party


I really do enjoy holiday parties. Everyone looks so glamorous, and it's the one time of year where I usually don't feel overdressed. The decorations and music just add to the ambiance. Furthermore, there's always great food and even better company. 

Sleep

It has been a very long semester. There is nothing in the world that I would like more than to just get one really good night's sleep. If I have just that one night of uninterrupted sleep, then I know I will be recharged and ready to crank out the rest of the year in style. 

I hope everyone is doing well! What do you need to accomplish in the next nine days? 
Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. great photos i have so much baking to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I should have added that to the list. So much to do, so little time. Happy holidays, love!

      Delete
  2. That is one seriously jam packed schedule for sure. I really hope that you don't risk getting run down, sweet dear. Try, if you can, to take at least 15 minutes of quiet, peaceful time out of each day to just breath and focus on yourself. Even with how insanely busy I am this month, too, I've been doing that and really find that it does make a positive difference in terms of everything from energy to stress levels.

    Big hugs & the very merriest of holiday season wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* I want to wholeheartedly thank you for your immensely lovely comment on my post about life lessons learned from travelling. It touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. In the hustle and bustle of the day, that really is something that I forget to do. Thank you so much for reminding me! You are so wonderful for advice and picking out all the wonderful small details in life.

      Cheers x

      Delete