Saturday, August 15, 2015

Happy VJ Day!

Can you believe that 70 years ago yesterday, this iconic photo was taken?

                     

             Can you believe that 70 years ago this weekend, World War 2 was over?




It's so hard to fathom what it must have felt like to be part of such a jubilant moment. Yesterday, I went to New York City to try to experience a little bit of the joy that everyone experienced in 1945.


                                     



I tried to dress 40's-esque with my Forever 21 Wide-Leg Sailor Pants. Purchase here.

I even had the pleasure to listen to a World War 2 veteran give a short speech about what the war meant to him and to America. Here's a clip:


To close, I just wanted to remind everyone how important it is to honor and remember those who served during these very treacherous times. Without their efforts, the world may quite possibly be very different than it is today. Don't forget to thank a veteran!

Thanks for reading my first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment