Monday, August 17, 2015

What I'm Listening To

Happy Monday, Friends!


To start off the week, I thought I'd tell you about what I have been listening to lately. If you don't know me very well, you probably don't know that my love of everything vintage applies to my taste in music as well (hint, the blog title). Thus, I'm going to give you a glimpse of what I've been playing repeatedly these past couple of days!




The first song is called "All the Things You Are", and it is sung by Sinatra. I absolutely adore this song; it has definitely become one of my favorites. The way his voice hits the high note at the end makes my heart swoon. Sinatra's Columbia years are definitely some of the best.  



The next song that has been stuck in my head is "Take the 'A' Train" as performed by the Delta Rhythm Boys. It is the very first song that appears in the video. Something about the deep register of Mr. Gaines' voice has earned this song a semi-permanent place in my head!




The last song that I highly recommend as of late is "These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)", particularly performed by The Swingfield Big Band. I also love Sinatra's 1945 recording of the song, but this instrumental version is just so beautiful. It's another very romantic song that makes me feel as though I have been transported back to the 40's, if only for a moment. 

I was just thinking the other day about how sad it is that I'll never be able to see Sinatra perform in real life. Not only Sinatra, but also all of the other band and performers circa 1950 that I am so fond of. I can only be thankful for the lovely recordings and videos that are still around for me to listen to and watch. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and week ahead! Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment