Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Brilliance of Fall

Hi, everyone.

Don't you just adore Autumn? I know I do. The leaves so ever-changing, the delectable cocoa warming my heart, the transition into the holiday season. What's not to love?

The other day, my sister and I took a trip to Sykesville, Maryland. We went to a park called 'Piney Run' which was extraordinarily beautiful. Here are some of the pictures we took:


As a quick side note, I love color-blocking. Color-blocking arose in the 60's, and is still extremely popular today. I opted to add a red lip (Revlon's Certainly Red) for a bit of a retro vibe with my patent Bass penny loafers. I am not a fan of jeans at all, but sometimes they pair best with what I have in my closet. 


Whenever I visit somewhere I haven't been before, I always wonder who was there before me. Who sat in the pagoda that I too found myself sitting in? Did Native Americans live among the beautiful trees of this particular park? How many people have fallen in love here?

That's the beautiful thing about history. You just might never know. 

I hope everyone is enjoying these Autumn days! It's already starting to feel like Winter here in the mornings. Make sure you see the lovely leaves before they all fall away. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment