Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Photographs

Good Morning!

I've been inspired a lot lately by photographs. Just looking through photo albums can take you on a journey back in time to a place that you may have never known and never will really know. Photographs tell a story, and that story is forever embedded in the moment that the picture was taken. Beautiful, right? For this post, let's take a look at some of my recent favorites.


As a quick side note before we begin, my Tumblr is completely devoted to vintage pictures. You can check it out here. Away we go!

Isn't this photo just lovely? Can you imagine how this couple must have been feeling in this moment? They had a moment, a beautiful moment away from war, away from the brutality of the world. And it was captured here in this photograph.
This picture really captures my attention because of the striking appearance of the man on the right. I wonder what he was thinking about when this photograph was being taken.
I love this photograph because of the lady's face on the right. We have all been there; it's the face you make when you're questioning what you're doing but go with it anyways. Isn't it fascinating how facial expressions have stayed the same over so many decades?
With college in full swing, I think that this photograph adequately depicts what a good portion of the gentlemen on my college campus look like (though these individuals are far better dressed and quite good looking I might add).
This photograph is marvelous. I can just imagine what the dance must have looked like leading up to this shot. I also can't help but wonder who took this picture. We may never know, but I am definitely grateful to be able to share in this moment probably over 70 years later.
Just look at his expression. Decide for yourself, what do you see in this picture?
I wanted to end on a thought-provoking note. With this ever-changing world, I believe that it is important that we remember that despite the many different backgrounds of the people on this planet, we are all still human. We can all experience pain and suffering (as evidenced by the young man's expression in the picture above), but together we can make this world better. We can all support and love each other, and maybe that's the best we can do. But that's all we really need to do.

Take some time out of your day for self reflection. Look back at pictures; look at history in general: the good, the bad, and the ugly. We've made it this far, so let's continue to press on and maybe take some pictures as we go along!


Hope you all are having a wonderful week, and don't forget to be grateful for everything you have in life!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment