Sunday, September 6, 2015

Wildest Dreams

Hi, everyone! I have found a small break in which I am going to talk about my opinion of Taylor Swift's new music video. Now I know that Taylor Swift herself isn't an Old Hollywood star, but the music video is set in the 1950's. I want to know what you guys think about it! 

Here is the video if you haven't seen it:


 I am going to focus on the fashion aspects of the video. There has been a lot of backlash against Ms. Swift for the lack of African people in the video, but that is another issue entirely. I'm going to keep the subject matter light for today as it has been a very tiring few days for me.

First off, I absolutely adore the yellow dress that she wears in the video. It is so Old Hollywood glam, and the way it floats in the breeze is breathtaking. 


My other favorite look in the video is this one:


I am a huge fan of head scarves and wraps, and the way she compliments it with her cat-eye sunglasses and red lips delivers a very classic vibe.

My one issue with the fashion in the video is what the main gentleman is wearing/how he is styled. Something about the way he is dressed and the way that he looks just doesn't scream 1950's to me.


I think that the stylists of the video may have been going for a James Dean-esque look, but in my opinion they fell short. He seems far too modern when Ms. Swift looks super 50's movie star. 

What do you guys think of the fashion in the video? What was your favorite look?

Hope everyone is having a great week! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment